If you're new here, you may want to subscribe to my RSS feed. Thanks for visiting! 1. The first and the most important thing one needs to finalize is the budget that you are going to spend on the wedding. Making hypothetical plans, booking upscale venues and making huge guest...Read More
1. The first and the most important thing one needs to finalize is the budget that you are going to spend on the wedding. Making hypothetical plans, booking upscale venues and making huge guest lists is useless when you can’t afford them. The best way to go about all this is to make a list of the basics and allot each section a percentage that you will be spending from your budget. An ideal percentage divide is as follows:
40 percent should to the reception, wedding breakfast, décor and some other exterior favors
10 percent will be going to the entertainment or the music system section
15 percent of the budget needs to go to all the flower work that will be done at the venue
15 percent goes to the bridal outfit
10 percent needs to go to the photography and videography of the event
5 percent goes to the stationary that will be used
5 percent goes to the transportation, your rings and your ceremony expenses
2. The next step is that you visit multiple venues that come under your budget. When you do that ask for their detailed budget as this is going to help you make the final decision with much ease. Also comparison gets easier as well. One can cut costs by going off season so this too is an option worth considering. The venue will also enable you decide how many guests you can invite.
3. Make sure that you are in touch with the officiant and make sure that they are available on the dates. To your guest then you need to send either the fridge magnets or the save the date cards.
4. It is important that you build a comfort zone with your photographer. This has a huge impact on the end results of the photographs as you are comfortable around them. For this you need to make sure that you book your photographer well in advance as all the good ones are always booked well in advance. Leaving this to the last minute can cause a lot of trouble in the end.
5. One of the most important features is that you pick up a theme that reflects your personality well. For this doing a bit of research is a good idea. Visit wedding planners’ websites and other similar websites. Create a mood board and play around with the colors and ideas until you settle for the one that best suits you.
6. The bridal dress too needs to be taken care of in the early stages of the planning as well. This is because the dress needs at least six months to get ready. The designing, the fitting that will need alterations a number of times. The suggestion is that you go around looking for designs, even try bridal fashion shows. Sales are also a good point to look as you can even get a designer outfit for a very reasonable price. Custom made a cheap wedding dress is also service provided by many Wedding dresses online shops.
7. Generally the couples leave the flowers for the last minute preparations as well. This too is not advisable. The reason being that flowers can complete your theme adds an amazing effect to it. Therefore, they need proper attention and time. The best way to do this is to consider the season and see what flowers best work and resonate with the season.
8. It is not uncommon that one has arguments with the family and the bridal party during the wedding planning. They all are very excited as well and at the heart of it want the best or you. However, in order to make sure that you are able to avoid these confrontations it is important that from the start the basic rules are set and told to everyone involved. It is your big day and therefore you need to make sure that you love every bit of it. Take in ideas from everyone but select the ones that you like. Those that you don’t like deflect them in a polite manner so that the person who gave the idea does not feel bad. Don’t be rude as this too is going to hurt their feelings.
9. Hiring a wedding planner is a good idea as well. In real life they don’t cost you a fortune and neither do they take over the event. They can help you de-stress especially in the last six days. Also with their knowledge and sources you can actually save some money and not even compromise on the quality of the stuff that is used.
10. This is the most important tip. Enjoy yourself. The planning process is also going to be a memorable one so have fun planning your wedding, spending time with your loved ones as a team. This will add to your freshness that you will need to glow on your big day.